Win-Win for Employers and Employees with a Wellness Program
Our Corporate Wellness Program boosts the quality of your employees’ health, thereby ensuring that your business will become more productive and successful.
We provide cutting-edge, custom-made solutions that reduce your healthcare costs and increase your profits by:
- enhancing employee production
- reducing absenteeism
- lowering insurance costs and
- lowering the number of workers’ compensation claims
We provide the highest level of care by having medical doctors, acupuncturists, and chiropractors working side by side to offer a state-of-the-art integration of western and eastern medicine. Specifically, our Corporate Wellness Programs are designed to comply with the Federal Government’s Health and Wellness initiative and OSHA’s guidelines for workplace safety. As such, we create each plan in accordance with government recommendations. We also incorporate up-to-date research in the fields of ergonomics, nutrition, exercise, health, and wellness.
Healthcare is as big a concern as ever for both employees and employers. The rising cost of health care costs causes most of the workforce to delay seeking care, which only exacerbates health issues. In fact, many workers interviewed by the Employee Benefit Research Institute claimed they would prefer better health benefits over a pay increase. Research also shows that 80% of Americans want a natural solution to their problems. They are tired of the medical system offered.
As an employer, you’ve felt the squeeze as well. In 2012, the average cost per employee for healthcare was $10,522.00. The employee’s portion was also $2,204.00 (Source Aon Hewitt). That’s not even touching the problems of dealing with poor employee health, which can wreak havoc on productivity, engagement and, ultimately, your bottom line.
Health issues like obesity, stress, and repetitive motion injuries are the most significant offenders.
- A Duke University Medical Center analysis found that obese workers filed twice the number of workers’ compensation claims, had seven times higher medical costs from those claims, and lost thirteen times more workdays from work injury or work illness than did non-obese workers.
- Both stress and distress destroy the body by causing the over-production of adrenal gland hormones. Exhausted adrenal glands lead to insomnia, fatigue, weight problems, digestive problems, headaches, estrogen problems, frequent infections, all of which can lead to rising health care costs, absenteeism, low morale, and lost productivity.
- In a stunning report, the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) stated that sixty percent of all on-the-job injuries would be caused by repetitive motion injuries, of which Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is the most frequent.
But there is a solution. A simple one.
For every dollar spent on individual employee wellness, a company saves four dollars in future medical costs, according to the Wall Street Journal. Essentially, if the goal of your company is to have healthy, productive and happy employees, then health and wellness need to be at the forefront of your organization.
Imagine if you could implement a comprehensive, tailored plan to proactively manage health issues before they become problems that impact your corporate operations. Imagine if each one of your employees had a personal initiative to be as healthy as they possibly could.
weMED can help you do just that with our Corporate Wellness Program. Apply now.