Dr. Bing’s Recipe For a Quick Recovery From Any Flu
People have used ginger, garlic, and green onion as medicine in food and teas since ancient times, and this is one of the most popular Chinese herbal formulas to help us prevent the cold and flu virus and other pathogens from attacking our respiratory and digestive tracts.
Ginger – Boosts immune system function by fighting infections and has anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger also counteracts with chemical toxicities induced by industrial pollutants, alcohol, smoking or administered drugs (Alsherbiny et al., 2019). Ginger also purifies the blood, and calms nausea and stomach pain. It may even lower the risk for heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Garlic – Anti-bacterial and anti-viral, purifies the blood, reduces cholesterol, protects cells from damage and aging, and may reduce the risk of common brain diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Green Onion – purification of blood, fights inflammation, and decreases blood pressure, triglycerides and cholesterol thereby lowering risk for heart disease. Onion also activates liver enzymes to flush out toxins (as does garlic)
- Take four 8 oz glasses of purified water (spring or filtered)
- One half garlic cluster smashed and peeled
- Two large thumb-sized fresh ginger root peeled and cut into 4-6 pieces
- Two stalks of green onion
- Boil for 8 minutes (should boil down to 3 glasses of water).
1. Add lemon or apple cider vinegar to modify the taste and increase results.
2. Serve in a thermos or leave in water dispenser for easy pouring.
3. Serve warm. Good for two people – each should drink 3/4 glass of the tea in the morning and another 3/4 in the afternoon.
4. Drink 4 days out of a week during virus mitigation.
5. Do Not drink this tea if you have high fever or constipation. Please speak to a healthcare professional or Chinese Medicine doctor before trying new remedies.
Reserve a Telemedicine Consultation
Have A Consultation From Your Home
Ask Dr. Bing.
Web conferencing details provided upon confirmation.